3/16/09

Wowzers...it has been too long!

I have no excuse whatsoever for not updating. It has been over a month since I really updated. I am going to make it (semi) short and sweet and then start updating regularly.

So lets start from the most recent and go back (will make it easier to remember since it has been so long)

Week of March 9-14
This past weekend RB and I went to our fist St. Patrick's Day Parade on lower Greenville. It was a full day of fun. Literally, we started with mimosas and cocktails at nine AM! Then from there we walked to lower Greenville and reunited with a lot of SFA alum and saw some friends from high school too! Here are a few pics:
Trista, Lindsay (sorority sis), me and Brooke (bff from high school)
RB, Drew, Alaska and Jared (we all went to SFA together)


It was one of the longest days and I think it aged us. That was our first and possibly our last...

During that week we got to take a cooking class. Here at our building we have a social director who sets up different events for all the residents. We take full advantage of them b/c they introduce us to great restaurants and we meet the other residents. We went to Kenichi and had two chefs teach us how to prepare a bunch of Japanese food and even some sushi. It was a neat experience and they gave us the recipes. Maybe one day we will be brave enough to try them on our own!

Week of March 2-8
During this week we had another event through our building at Capital Grille at the Crescent. It was a neat chance to meet other residents from our sister property and getting to try all the complimentary food and wine. All very good but the best part was RB got to meet Pop...as in Coach Pop of the San Antonio Spurs. I turned around and saw him standing at the bar with a very large body guard. I told RB and within seconds my not-so-shy-hubby was at the bar talking to Coach Pop. I thought it was just going to be a quick hello but Coach Pop and RB had a full on conversation and when RB was going to walk away Pop stopped him and wanted to know where he was going and continued in a conversation. Very cool! we would have taken a picture but this bar was not the place to do that and it might have been awkward!

That weekend we joined Richard and Julie at Richard's families amazing ranch. It was a great treat for both of us. I went to high school with both of them and RB and Richard hit it off instantly after they meet each other...they both LOVE hunting and have a lot in common. We had a fantastic time touring the ranch and eating and drinking with them. RB got a chance to go hunting (for hogs) Here are some pictures from the perfect weekend:
Can you find RB?

Jules and me
Richard and RB

March 23-28
This week we went to ANOTHER Eric Hutchinson concert at the House of Blues. He opened for a fun band called G Love and the Special Sauce. It was a great concert and b/c we live in our building we were offered a free membership to the Foundation Room (VIP area at HOB). It was a great concert and (Mom) click on his name to hear some of his music. I won't bore y'all with more pictures from the concert.

That weekend we went to dinner with RB's coworker and her boyfriend at Truluck's, which was not all that yummy. We meet up with our friends Bucky (Clint) and his girlfriend and Fatty (Bradly) and his fiance. We went to the bar at ZaZa that Friday night. Then on Saturday we went to dinner with them at Javier's, which was a tasty mexican steakhouse! We are headed to Vegas in June for Fatty's wedding at the Bellagio!
Fatty, Cristy, me, RB, Lindsey and Bucky


Now the weeks before that get blurry...March 16-22
I know that this was worst week ever for us. I am sure most all of y'all have heard so I do want to bring it all back up but Cha Chi ran away from the ranch. YES, WE FOUND HIM! Really that is all that matters but it was the most emotional weekend and thank all of our family for worrying about Cha Chi and us. Long story short...Cha Chi ran a mile away and a nice neighbor (whom we call the Dr.) found him and took him in for the night. That night was the hardest night b/c we were not sure of his safety. Non-the-less he was fine... a little sore and tired but back to being spoiled in Dallas.

Now, in between all that...
RB has done some traveling for work and I have stayed here and felt super safe in our building. I have joined friends for lunch and dinner while he has been gone and kept myself busy. We have three weddings coming up, showers and the job searching has begun for me. So, there is a lot to write about so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment