2/2/09

Super Weekend

This weekend was an eventful weekend ending with the Superbowl!
(get ready this is gonna be a long one!)

Friday, I went to happy hour with Brooke and her fun mama, Patty. We went to Taverena for a couple glasses of wine. I had a bite of their crab/shrimp cake...yum, I want to go back with RB to eat some more. I had a real good time with these two (I always do) and can't wait to do it again and again!

I didn't eat with them b/c I had to come home for a special date with RB. We went to Sangria to celebrate Brendita's birthday! We shared a bunch of different tapas. It was a crowded restaurant and we were excited for our first dinner out and who we were celebrating.

Saturday, we woke up early (6:00am) to pick the house up. Then we meet one of RB's favorite coworkers, Chris and his fun partner, David, for breakfast. We walked to breakfast at The Dream Cafe. It was neat to take the short walk and see all the other neat restaurants along the way. Breakfast was super delicious especially the strawberry butter! The cafe has a large patio and a lot of people brought their dogs. The best part of breakfast was Chris and David. We always have a blast with them and our checks hurt from laughing so much. After breakfast they drove us around the gayborhood. SO MUCH FUN and they bought us an amazing scented candle as a housewarming gift. Then they came up to see our new place and give some decorating advice!

After they left, RB went to go play frisbee golf with friends from high school. I went to Alex & Mrogan's to play with our beautiful Goddaughter, Mallory. I also took Cha Chi over there to play in their big yard with Paul & Erin's two dogs. He had a blast!

We came back home and had our minds set that we were going to go eat hamburgers at a restaurant Chris & David recommended in the gayborood. Plans changed and we meet up with Aunt Cris & Uncle Don and Aunt Mattie and Uncle Ivan (they were in from Houston) for a margarita at El Fenix. Then we went to Cris & Don's for some wine and a dessert Natalie had brought over.
Sunday, we woke up early and headed out to Frisco. We went to our favorite go-to-store, IKEA. We were there when doors opened and it still was crowded! We had received a coupon in the mail for $25 off a certain amount. We got RB a (much needed) office chair and two chairs for our balcony. The balcony chairs were a steal at only $25 each. There were only four left and we snatched two of them at the sale price. We also got some other odds and ends. RB loves riding the carts in IKEA (I snuck a picture when he wasn't looking)...he is just a big kid!































After Ikea we decided to try the restaurant the guys recommended, Hunky's...cute name for a restaurant in the gayborhood, huh?!? Oh my goodness...these were the best burgers ever. We sat on the patio and loved the crowd and of course the burger. I had a cheeseburger and RB had the buffalo burger. We can not wait to take Mom & Dad here. It beats Keller's burgers, Dad!


We were stuffed silly and came back to the house and unloaded our goods from IKEA. It was an amazing day outside so we decided to go to the pool. It is a heated pool so RB went for a swim and we just lied there with a cold drink and some magazines. Got to love Texas's crazy weather.
I included some pictures of the pool. It is located on the 6th floor of our building. In the first picture, you can see a few of the buildings behind us (those are the museums in the art district) and there are some "beds" in the left corner that we lied on. The second picture shows the outdoor fire place and two grills we can use! Who is ready to come over to bbq?!
We were supposed to go to friends to watch the game but Aunt Cris & Mattie called and said Uncle Ivan was making some fried catfish...DONE DEAL! We headed straight over there and took Cha Chi to play with Chica. all I have to say is Uncle Ivan and Aunt Mattie can cook!!! We came home at half time to get comfy and enjoy the rest of the game and commercials.

Welllllllll that's all folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment